Saturday, December 8, 2012

Slow Cooker Stew


Thursday was a cold 37 degrees here in the Garden State.  It called for something warm for dinner.  Of course using the trusty crock pot.  I decided to make slow cooker stew.  Very easy when you use McCormicks Hearty Beef Stew seasoning mix.  It calls for beef but I think you can use pork or chicken or meatless.  I used chicken and followed the instructions on the back of the package.

Slow Cooker Stew

- 1 package of McCormick slow cooker Hearty Beef Stew seasoning mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- (your choice) 2 lbs beef stew meat cut into cubes or 2 boneless chicken breasts or 2-3 thick boneless          pork chops
- 1 cup each (or your choice of veggies) Carrots, potatoes, celery, onion

Place all the ingredients in your slow cooker.  Set on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.  Serve with some crusty bread, egg noodles or rice.

**I choose to use 2 chicken breast.  An hour before it was done I took the chicken out shredded it and put it back in the cooker.  I also added green squash at that time**



It was delicious.  I love anything you can throw in a pot and forget about!

xo,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment