Sunday, July 1, 2012

Nursery Decorating

My daughter will be arriving in early November.  My office will become the nursery and my office will move to our other spare bedroom and be a shared office/guest room.  I already have some plans on how to decorate both rooms.

First I'm concentrating on the Nursery.  I'm not an overly pink person so the room will remain yellow(one of my favorite colors) but just get a refresher paint job.  Some of the walls have some rouge paint splatters from painting my little pegs.  I'm a bit messy when I paint.   I'll add touches of pink here and there.  So the theme will be yellow and pink.  I have a few favorite artists on etsy that I plan on buying art prints from.  I also want to get individual black and white photos of both sides of the family. Make a mini art gallery.

With my new sewing machine I want to make a bunting flag to go hand across the curtains.  Not sure if I'll leave it plain, add her name or add some cute animal appliqués.  I'll see what mood hits me while I'm making it.  The crib will be white (haven't picked one yet).  Not in a rush because she'll be in a bassinet in our room for a while.   I'm taking a white dresser from our other spare bedroom to use as a dresser/changing table.  My brother and sister-in-law are buying us a rocker!

The room is small so a crib, large dresser also posing as a changing table, and rocker will fit perfectly.  We want to replace the rug.  Some how it took a few hits of paint, wonder how that happened????

When my mom came up from Florida last month she brought the cutest child's rocker.  Someone in her  community was throwing it out.  It's in perfect condition.  All she did was clean it up.  I'm going to spray paint it white to match the room.  I'll share a tutorial when I do it later this summer.

Here are some nurseries I googled for inspiration.... The pink in the third picture is a little too bright for me.  I would definitely tone it down.




Enjoy your sunday!

XO,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment