Monday, May 28, 2012

Back to work

I had a lovely relaxing weekend with the family.  Our bbq on Saturday was a success!   My deviled eggs and macaroni salad came out delicious.  I highly recommend the recipes in my last post.  I wish I would have taken pictures, I have to remember to do that although my family is camera shy.  It can be quite annoying.

I did find the time to work on this little gal.  A pretty kokeshi ballerina.  I think she's so sweet.  She's available in the shop.




Being 4 months pregnant and due in Nov I began to think about inventory specifically Christmas.  I know a little early but I want to be prepared so I don't have to close shop completely while on "maternity" leave.  I would like to have some stock / ready to ship items while I get adjusted to mother hood.  Once I have a routine I will start accepting customs again.  

I made a list of characters and items I can stock and will begin building inventory this summer.  I have a goal of painting at least 5 stock items per week while I work on current customs.  I put the list in right in front of my painting desk so I can't miss it.  I'll cross off goals as I go along.  

My next agenda is to get my sewing machine in the next week or so AND begin planing out the nursery.  My studio will become the nursery.  My studio will be moved to our guest room and become a dual studio/guest room.  I also have to register but we're waiting to find out the sex of the baby which should be in the next few weeks.

Thats it for now ta ta!

xo
K








No comments:

Post a Comment