Friday, May 25, 2012

Ready for the Weekend

It's the official start of summer! I'm ready to spend the weekend with my husband!  I love when he has 3 days off from work.  Tomorrow we are hosting a BBQ for Memorial Day.  The usual suspects will be in attendance ie.. Mother in law, Father in law, Brother and Sister in law, my stepson Matt.  Not sure about my niece and her fiancé they may be working.

This means getting up early to go food shopping and get gas for the grill since we ran out last weekend.
I want to make deviled eggs and macaroni salad.  I've never made either so I'm going to try these recipes.

Classic Deviled Eggs from the food network and Classic Macaroni Salad from Helmans.  Crossing my fingers.  The recipes are simple so I think they will turn out fine.  I'll be sure to post the results here.

Sunday we might try to hit the Point Pleasant boardwalk.  I love just walking the boards. All the smells (salt water, pizza, potato pancakes, funnel cake mmmmmm!) remind me of the summers I spent at the shore.

What are your weekend plans?  Hope they are safe and fun.

XO,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment