Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Food Glorious Food.....

I was thinking of making a weekly feature on the blog......what were cooking?.  For example yesterday Emily had her year check up.  The appointment was in the early afternoon so I wanted to do something quick and easy since we would be in and out of the house.

I decided on chicken patties from Morning Star Farms  ( we get the big pack at our local BJ wholesaler) as a side I was going to do french fries but alas we had none in the freezer.  I decided to make a quick bean salad.  In making it I utilized some left overs we had in the fridge.  I was pleasantly surprised in the end result........


Anything you got bean salad....



1 can red kidney beans
1 can chick peas
** utilize any beans you have on hand**
1 cup mozzarella cubed
1 cup cooked elbow macaroni or any small pasta you have on hand
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1-2 minced garlic cloves.  I love to use the pre minced jar garlic from Goya.  If using this use 1tsp
1/2 small onion chopped/diced
1 table spoon of Italian seasoning or your favorite herb combination.
salt and pepper to taste

Combine everything into a bowl and mix well.  I actually forgot to add salt and pepper and still found it came out tasty.  We don't use a lot of salt when we cook so for me it doesn't make a difference.  For best results let it marinate for at least an hour in the fridge so the flavors marry.  It's really good the next day.  

Let me know what you think!

XO.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment