Monday, November 25, 2013

Matinee Monday

I missed a few I think?  Its getting crazy in the shop trying to finish orders and get stock ready for my craft fair the first week in Dec.  I have to get all this done during nap time and at night!  It's all good.  I am going to take it easy December.  I really want to savor the season this year with Emily.  Starting the first week in December, each monday I will post a favorite holiday movie for Matinee Monday

Now on to this week... A really good film I happened upon netflix 2 years ago.  It's been on twice this month on the Movie Channel.  If you have Xfinity/comcast for your cable provider check out channel 243 a really great mix of movies.  On Saturdays night late night they do film nior genre.  If I could stay up all night I would.

Laura







Staring.....

Gene Tierney.............. Laura Hunt
Dana Andrews............Det. Lt. Mark McPherson
Clifton Webb..............Waldo Lydecker
Vincent Price..............Shelby Carpenter

Plot:

Detective Mark McPherson investigates the killing of Laura, found dead on her apartment floor before the movie starts. McPherson builds a mental picture of the dead girl from the suspects whom he interviews. He is helped by the striking painting of the late lamented Laura hanging on her apartment wall. But who would have wanted to kill a girl with whom every man she met seemed to fall in love? To make matters worse, McPherson finds himself falling under her spell too. Then one night, halfway through his investigations, something seriously bizarre happens to make him re-think the whole case.

Images courtesy: Google Image search
Plot: courtesy IMDB

No comments:

Post a Comment