Thursday, October 17, 2013

Made in Monmouth

I'm finally getting a chance to share my booth at the made in Monmouth event.  It was totally free to any monmouth county business.  It was a way to connect with the community and let people know of all the great small businesses right here in our county.

All in all for being a free event I did ok.  I have to be very selective when doing these type of events especially if you have to pay a booth fee.  I think for next year I want to try at least one Bridal Showcase.

This event was held at Monmouth University.  I never realized how close I lived to the school.  The campus is really pretty and the Gym/sports complex it was held at was even nicer.  I was really impressed.

My girlfriend and neighbor and I arrived to set up at around 8:00-8:30 we got a little late start but were able to get our tables set up in time.  The disappointing start to the day was that our tables weren't next to each other.  We did request to be next to one another but I don't think the event co-ordinater was notified.

Doors opened at 10:00 am and there was a pretty steady flow of shoppers from beginning to end (4:00 pm)  About an hour in I sold a doll pendant and flower clip gift set.  All of my superman items got snatched up which was surprising to me.  I had a lot of request / comments on the superhero stuff so I wish I had made more.  I made a ton of connections and had really nice vendor neighbors near me to chat with.

My display definitely needs some help but for a first time back in the swing of the craft fair circuit it wasn't too bad.  I need more risers or eye level displays so nothing is laying on the table.  Clearer pricing and a professional banner to display my business name are on my to do list.




Hey that's me!


It's me again!



At the show I was trying to put together a little look book of my work.  Once I got that together I had a lot of ordering requests.  I know for next time to have that on the table from the beginning

I'd love to hear your comments on my display.  

Happy Thursday

XOXO,

K

No comments:

Post a Comment