Friday, August 2, 2013

Chicken Zucchini and Potatoes

We eat a lot of chicken in our house.  Sometimes it can get boring making the same things and hard to find something new. I mean how many different ways can you make it?  I also like to try and make things in either my crock pot or the oven, you know all in one dishes.  It's so much easier when you have a little one.  A little one who's determined to walk.  Crawling and pulling herself up on everything but that's a story for another day.

I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com  it's my go to site.  I always find a great recipe.  Haven't had a flop yet.  It didn't call for chicken and really is a side dish, but I plumped it up with chicken to make it a main dish.  You really could make it with a bunch of different veggies for a vegetarian main dish.




 


Chicken, zucchini, potatoe bake........

NGREDIENTS:
2 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into
large pieces
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into
large chunks
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and
chopped
1 clove garlic, sliced
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup olive oil
paprika to taste
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2.In a medium baking pan, toss together the zucchini, potatoes, red bell pepper, garlic, bread crumbs, and olive oil. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
3.Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and lightly brown.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
Servings: 6


I omitted the paprika also added....

2 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks
3 Italian long green peppers instead of red peppers because I didn't have any
1 cup of parmesan cheese

Other suggestions which I may try next time is 

1 packet of dry onion soup mix
variety of seasonal veggies 
sweet potatoe mixed with the white potatoes.

My husband and I really enjoyed it.  Nice flavor not too bland and not over powering.  Great fall/winter dish.  The zucchini almost takes on a cheesy texture.  Really yummy.  This one will be in the recipe rotation.

How do you keep dinner exciting?

Have a great weekend, 

K



No comments:

Post a Comment