Monday, August 12, 2013

Matinee Monday


I really love classic cinema.  Anything from the late 30's to early 60's, mostly black and white.  I think it started when I was about 11 watching re-runs of I Love Lucy (my all time favorite tv show) and Sunday mornings watching Abbot and Costello movies on channel 11 here in NJ/NY.

I thought it would be fun to start a weekly feature called Matinee Monday's on the blog.   Each week I'll choose a movie to feature.  All types of genres probably not horror though.  Not a big fan.  Even though I know their fake but they give me nightmares.

This weeks movie is Charade....

Staring:

Cary Grant...............Peter Joshua
Audrey Hepburn......Regina Lampert
Walter Matthau.........Hamilton Bartholemew
James Coburn...........Tex Panthollow
George Kennedy......Herman Scobie







(images courtesy of google search)

Plot Summary
(courtesy IMDB)

Regina Lambert returns to Paris from a ski holiday in Switzerland to find that her husband has been murdered. She is later told by CIA agent Hamilton Bartholemew that Charles Lambert was one of five men who stole $250,000 in gold from the U.S. government during World War II, and the government wants it back. The money was not found among his possessions, and Regina can shed no light on its whereabouts. Later that day she is visited by Peter Joshua, whom she had met briefly while on holiday. When her husband's former partners in crime, who were double-crossed by Charles, start calling her looking for the money, Peter offers to help find it. Thus begins an elaborate charade in which nothing is what it seems to be. Written by filmfactsman

Curl up this week/weekend and give it a try.  Netflix has it on demand.   If you like suspense I think you'll enjoy it





No comments:

Post a Comment